How to clean the carbs of an GPZ305
- Remove tank and release all four hose clips.
- Unmount the battery (first minus, then plus !)
- Now You can release the air-box. Pull it back a little and You can easily get the carbs out of the frame
- Unscrew carefully the top of the mixing chambers. Take care, a long spring is jumping out !
- Very carevully pull out the vaccum-valve with its sensitive diaphragm.
- Put the carb up-side-down and releaseof the floater chamber by unscrewing the 4 screws
- Pull out the floater with the floater-valve by extraction of the floater pin
- Now You can screw out carefully the needle-jet and the pilot-jet
- Unscrew carefully the pilot adjust screw and take care not to lose the little spring and the very tiny wsher and the seal-ring.
- Take an old teeth-brush or an old paint-brush with cutted hair; never anything made of metal.
- Use vinegar for cleaning . But use it only for some minutes . If You soak it for a day or so the metal begans to corrode ! On the other hand vinegar is best to get rid any plaque (before after)
- Try to blow through all holes with an air-compressor. Especially these and that.
- Dont't ever try to clean holes with a wire. Use instread nylon-bristles from an old brush.
- Clean everything from vinegar. Use plain water and a hair-dryer (so no acid can corrode anything)
- First softly screw in the needle-jet and the pilot-jet
- Then apply the floater-valve and the floater, fix it with the pin.
- Mount the floater chamber and take care not to crush the gasket.
- Now carefully mount the vacuum-valve. Take special care not to damage the very senitive diaphragm. Take also attention to the location of the small clip.
- Put in the spring and screw carefully the top of teh mixing chamber tight. Take attention no tto crush the diaphragm
- Very slowly and carefully screw the pilot adjust screw without any force (with two fingertips)! If You feel the tip of the needle has contact unscrew it exactly 1,5 turns. It is very important that the screw is released 1,5 turns from dead block and the tip is not crushed in any way!